Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Starting Afresh....

Okay so last February I embarked on a weightloss diet called Medifast. I was not so gently pushed by my doctor to start losing weight IMMEDIATELY, not that I didn't know that myself...LOL. Anywho, I have to give her credit cause she is the one that told me about Medifast. So I went on their website and saw some pretty spectacular results! I was so impressed that I placed my first order and began a week later. My own personal results were great, I lost about 80 pounds with no exercise in about 7 months.  Then, I hit several bumps in the road that totally derailed my focus.

1. OUT OF TOWN TRIPS: We went to our family reunion and our College's homecoming and I talked myself out of eating on my regular schedule. Big mistake. Once I got off schedule then I started substituting my meal replacements with no no's like chips, cake, and other big time carbs cause I was "hungry."
2. HOLIDAYS: Thanksgiving and Christmas o__0. Need I say more...
3. I GOT THE BIG HEAD: So, by seven months, I was midway to my goal BUT everyone started to give me lots of compliments and I in turn started feeling myself to the point that I started to think I was looking good enough that I didn't need to reach my original goal weight. I abandoned my habits of at least 120 ounces of water, eats every three hours and limiting my carbs. I forgot that my old eating habits were the reason I was overweight in the first place! (although I blame genetics too :/)

So here we are....presently, I have gained back about 40 pounds of the 80 pounds that I lost. After alot of soul searching, I have decided to finish out my Medifast meals (there are about two months left in my pantry) and start a lifestyle change of clean eating. I really developed some great eating habits with Medifast so I think by marrying those with clean eating I will have a successful chance of meeting my final weight goal.

What is my final weight goal, you ask? Hmmmm.... you will have stay tuned in to see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment