Monday, July 18, 2011

My First Natural Hair Meet Up was a SUCCESS :)

Saturday I held a natural hair meet up and I felt like it went really well. There were about ten ladies ranging from thinking about doing the BIG CHOP to having been natural for decades.  It was soooo great to fellowship with these ladies because their passion for wearing their hair natural was equal to or greater than my own. 

Letitia told her "hair"story and proclaimed that she loved being different and now that EVERYONE was sporting their natural locks she jokingly said that it was time for her to get a perm....LOL.

Alot of ladies spoke about being natural giving them the courage to embrace who they really are. Ebony elloquently put it as this....I showing GOD that I am so pleased with what he has blessed me with. (loved that!)

Those who were new to the natural hair scene got a chance to ask questions and gain alot of insight as to what has work for others, even some of the "old heads" got some great tips. One of the most unusual tips given was to boil a pot of okra and when it gets really mushy let it sit on your head with a plastic cap and later rinse out and condition. This will promote hair growth! (can't wait to try this BTW...lol)

We will definitely make this a reoccuring event. I can't wait for the next topics. Men and Natural Hair and demonstrations of some styling techniques!

No comments:

Post a Comment